IPL: Most dismissals in a series:
Below are the wicketkeepers with most dismissals in a single edition of Indian Premier League (IPL)
1. Kumar Sangakkara (Deccan Chargers) – Indian Premier League (in India), 2011
Mt: 13 Dis: 19
Kumar Sangakkara played for Deccan Chargers after leaving Kings XI Punjab and effected 19 dismissals in 13 matches in the 2011 edition of the IPL held in India.
2. Adam Gilchrist (Deccan Chargers) – Indian Premier League (in South Africa), 2009
Captain of Deccan Chargers for the first 3 years, Adam Gilchrist dismissed 18 batsmen behind the stumps in the 2009 IPL, held in South Africa. Deccan Chargers won the 2009 edition of the IPL defeating Royal Challengers Bangalore in the final.
3. Dinesh Karthik (Delhi Daredevils) – Indian Premier League (in South Africa), 2009
Mt: 15 Dis: 17
Another keeper who has bounced between franchisees, Dinesh Karthik played for Delhi Daredevils in the 2009 IPL season held in South Africa and dismissed 17 batsmen in 15 matches.
4. MS Dhoni (Chennai Super Kings) – Indian Premier League (in India), 2013
Mt: 18 Dis : 17
CSK captain for life, MS Dhoni effected 17 dismissals in the 2013 IPL season. Chennai reached the finals of the tournament, but lost to Mumbai Indians in the final by 23 runs.
5. Naman Ojha (Delhi Daredevils)- – Indian Premier League (in India), 2012
Mt:18 Dis: 16
Naman Ojha effected 16 dismissals in the 2012 IPL edition, playing for Delhi Daredevils.